Our church began in 1895 as the "Ray of Hope" Sunday School, established by Miss Wave Mason, Miss Ettie Speer, and Charles Edward Haupt. After holding
sessions in a log school house where the Rose Hill Cemetery now sits, the school moved to East Harrison Avenue (now East Hudson Avenue) in 1905. In 1916, the parsonage was built, and
numerous renovations were made in the 1950's. By 1958, two additions were completed, and in 1968 the name "East End United Methodist Church" was adopted. In 2001, the Pleasant Valley
United Methodist Church merged with the East End United Methodist Church, forming one congregation. East End UMC takes pride in its past and present pastors, members, and missionaries who
continue to spread God's word to the community.